top of page
Soo Line Whistle Stop Depot
This 12'x16' authentic whistle stop Soo Line depot, with its original furnishings of a pot-bellied stove, station manager's desk, pigeon-holed cabinet for papers, end table, bench, and writing desk, were given to the Barron County Historical Society by the Soo Line railway. The building was moved to the museum site in September 1972 from Cylon, Wisconsin.
The railway was started in Minneapolis in 1883. It was organized by a group of Minneapolis business men headed by leading millers to provide a route to the east. When it was completed, it proved to be a great boon to general business in Minnesota and the entire Northwest.
bottom of page